This pattern is a crush!
It is surfing Pinterest as I often do that I came across this drawing. Originally, it was a colouring page design but I knew immediately when seeing it that it would be perfect to make a pretty embroidery. That’s why I chose to present it to you today.
Due to copyright, I cannot offer to download it directly on my blog as usual but here is the link where you can find it. You will only need to reproduce it on your fabric only for your personal use of course.
Personally, I chose an 11cm embroidery because my final project is to insert it in a greeting card to make a nice gift.
The flower is embroidered with blanket stitch for the outer edge and then with 2 rows of straight stitches in different colors, all with 1 thread. The center is made up of 3 French knots 2 threads 2 wraps.
The stems are embroidered with stem stitch and the leaves with fishbone stitch, all with 2 threads.
For the flower, I used House of Embroidery stranded cotton Good on Black 89 and DMC stranded cotton 721, 3770 and 154. The stems and leaves are embroidered with House of Embroidery Apple 67.
The petals of the flower are embroidered with long and short stitch and the sepals with satin stitch, all with 1 thread.
The stem is embroidered with stem stitch, the 2 small leaves at the top with lazy daisy stitch and the large leaves with Cretan stitch, all with 2 threads.
For the petals, I used DMC stranded cotton 4220, 3839 and 3838. For the leaves, I used House of Embroidery stranded cotton Blue Gum 5.
The stems are embroidered with stem stitch and the flower leaves with lazy daisy stitch, all with 1 thread.
The edges of the leaves are embroidered with stem stitch and the inside with seeding stitch, all with 1 thread.
The flowers are embroidered with French knots 2 threads and 1 single wrap.
For the stems and the leaves, I used the House of Embroidery stranded cotton Moos 32 and Daffodil 47 for the flowers.
The bodies of the birds are embroidered with stem stitch 2 threads, the wings and the tail with satin stitch 1 thread. The eyes are made with a big 4 threads French knot and 1 wrap.
For the butterflies, embroider a bullion stitch with 1 thread for the body and 2 lazy daisy stitches with 2 threads for the wings.
For the birds, I used DMC stranded cotton 211, 3835 and 154, and for the butterflies, colors 783 and 150.