A very small garden 2 The design of this embroidery can be downloaded HERE. The embroidery is entirely made of DMC stranded cotton. Thunbergias The leaves are embroidered with satin stitch and 2 threads. The flowers are embroidered with blanket stitch 2 threads in groups of 3 and it is necessary to add a French knot 2 threads 2 wraps for the center. We used DMC stranded cotton 924, 4124 and 221. Hydrangeas Embroider the leaves with Cretan stitch 2 threads and the flower balls with French knots 2 threads and 2 wraps. In order to obtain nice balls, first, start to embroider the French knots on the stroke then work in circles towards the center. We used DMC stranded cotton 3052, 602, 603 et 4180. Potato Bush The stems are embroidered with stem stitch, the leaves with fly stitch, all with 2 threads. Embroider the corollas with blanket stitch 2 threads and add some straight stitches radiating to the center with 1 thread of contrasting color. Finish with a French knot 2 threads and 2 wraps for the hearts. We used DMC stranded cotton 935, 155 and 154. Hyacinths Embroider the stems with straight stitch and 2 threads. The flowers are fully embroidered with French knots 2 threads and 2 wraps. To obtain beautiful, sharp flowers, begin by embroidering the French knots on the edges and work towards the inside. We used DMC stranded 905, 794 and B5200. Forget-me-nots and Asters Forget-me-nots are made of 5 French knots 2 threads 2 wraps arranged round shaped for the petals and another of a different color for the center. For the asters embroider straight stitches 1 thread, star-shaped from the exterior to the inside. We used DMC stranded cotton 4230 and 725 for the forget-me-nots and 4120 for the asters. Butterflies Embroider a bullion stitch with 2 threads (about 8 – 10 wraps) for the body, a French knot 2 threads 1 wrap for the head and 2 straight stitches 1 thread for the antennas. Embroider double lazy daisy stitch with 2 threads for the wings. We used DMC stranded cotton 3826, 725 and 3078. Note On seeing the finished embroidery I decided to replace the color 4100 first chosen for the tulips by the color 4200 to give more vivacity to the whole. Submit a Comment Cancel replyYour email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *Comment Name * Email * Website Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Yes, add me to your mailing list CAPTCHA CodeChallenge failed By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. * This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.